Tuesday, November 5, 2019

The Rising Slow

The Rising Slow

A woman looking out of place
To emphasize the encounter
I'd rather just forget the face
Than struggle to surmount her

It would not take her very long
To cause a general friction
Until my peace was nearly gone
And woes had no restriction

She's determined not to see
How much on the mind she can be
So she stays the last to know
What brings on the rising slow

A timely resource to be tried
She couldn't disappear faster
While all before me, far and wide
Her left behind disaster

(Playing.)

For a stranger it's a fact
She can make a strong impact
With her anonymity
Sheltering conveniently

It lands a blow against my pride
A cruel provoking of laughter
From this disrupted scene to hide
And promise to see me after

(Play to end.)
  
More Songs Scripts Statements
© 2007, 2019. Words and Music by David Skerkowski. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment