Wednesday, April 24, 2019

My Philosophy

My Philosophy

I have an enquiry
A fair one entirely
I see the disparity
But I hope it makes it through
Is freedom an ocean wide
Or more like a place to hide?
and does the noise of your TV upset her?

The black night upon the sea
Is one that belongs to me
I traded serenity
For a less than stunning view
With faces as hard as stone
And anguish as bare as bone
Where deprivation gets learned to the letter

Trying to live in a dying world
Where the brave banner would unfurl
So impossibly
Measure me for the perfect fit
But don't you dare to contradict
My philosophy

There's always an effort spent
To listen to some lament
And maybe my tragedies
Have been more than were my due
Experience always pays
By how much the moment flays
Until you're sorry enough to know better
  
More Songs Scripts Statements
© 2007, 2019. Words and Music by David Skerkowski. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment